To collaborate with Peruvian communities to facilitate sustainable, healthy development and provide educational opportunities to empower children and families.
What We Do
With your support we provide the following:
- A comprehensive after school program for children ages 5-12 complete with literacy intervention, homework help, arts, music, computers, and field trips.
- A library filled with books across genres, many of which are bilingual English/Spanish.
- A media library with educational DVDs and computer software.
- A toy library filled with didactic toys and educational games to promote motor-skills and social development.
- Monthly alcohol and domestic violence prevention workshops for parents and adults in the community.
Corazon de Dahlia is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations may be tax-deductible please consult a tax professional for further information.
- Named Honorary Citizens of Saylla
What an honor! The mayor of Saylla called my husband and I up to the stage at a...
- Reunited with Anthony!
When we got to the Corazon de Dahlia Center in Saylla, I was so excited to see t...
- Effort to end Child Labour in Peru
Recently I was shocked to read a BBC article regarding child labour in Peru. It ...
- Profe, me recuerdas? Como me llamo?
As I was leaving Saylla a few days ago after spending the afternoon with the kid...